Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cookies - The Edible Kind

You may or may not know I made a sort of promise (to whom?) to bake cookies for each of my son's baseball games this summer. It's a routine I rather like, and it lets me try out new recipes - and perfect old ones - all while sharing and getting them out of the house. I thought I'd share these two.

This recipe of Alton Brown's, found on my girlfriend Lisi's blog, is about the best cookie recipe EVER! Add what you want to it. My favorite is chopped up Heath bars. I use all 6 that come in the pack, rather than the 4 that are suggested, just because I don't even want to think about being tempted by those extra two bars in my pantry. But the ol' standby semi-sweet chips makes them just right too. They are easy, mainly because you don't have to remember to leave out the butter or pull anything to room temperature. Frankly in this heat, that would take about 10 minutes, but that's another post. Really though, the dough comes together in about 10-15 minutes.

Made these yummy Chewy Brownie Cookies. Yet another recipe from AllRecipes.com with which I am so happy. It amazes me how many people are on-line out there, baking and taking the time to comment. It makes for an entire global village of bakers. All of us popping our heads out of our virtual front doors to let everyone know how our raspberry tart or lemon cake came out; or we holler across the virtual street to a neighbor wondering if it's possible to make your own buttermilk (it is!). I know I really enjoy surfing around for easy recipes. It's very relaxing to me; sort of a way to dial it all down.

So, snoop around out there. It's free, easy, and who knows? Your actual neighbor might knock on your door, looking for a piece of whatever you're baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment