Sunday, July 10, 2011

Last Week's Veggies - Gone!

We greatly enjoyed our veggie share last week. We have been so very busy, I almost forgot to take pictures.
Almost.

More kohlrabi, a beautiful head of red leaf lettuce, some favas, gorgeous zucchini and squash . . .
. . . more greens, garlic scapes, and some garlic.

I roasted almost all of this, all together. Bathed in a little olive oil, salt and pepper, I laid all the thickly cut and diced veggies out on two pans, and roasted at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. I even wrapped the garlic bulbs in foil and let them roast in there. Then I squeezed all that goodness over the roasted veggies. Absolutely divine. See?




The greens, I blanched, and then later sauteed them in garlic and olive oil, then added some bacon and placed on top of some brown rice. We do love our bacon. Can't let that go around here.

After eating out so much over the holiday weekend, it was great to have some superbly fresh food in our bellies. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment